Friday 9 April 2021

Learning about the letter i

This week we have really enjoyed reading the "The Giant's ice cream" by New Zealand author Jill Eggleton. We did so well at learning the words of our story. So today we decided to have an "ice cream party!"


The Giant's ice cream



We had three flavours to choose. Orange chocolate chip, strawberry ripple and goody, goody gumdrop.

Altayvia tried all three flavours.

Michael tried all three flavours.

Mason had Goody, goody gumdrop. Then he tried strawberry ripple. He said it was a bit "spicy".
Well done for trying new things Mason.

Honour loved orange chocolate chip.


Fraser and Freezharn tried all three flavours.

Grace liked orange chocolate chip and goody, goody gumdrop. Avy liked goody, goody gumdrop.

Reti loved all of the flavours.

Sonny tried all of the flavours.

Mason

Freezharn

Sonny had lots of helpings.


We wondered if we were getting bigger like the giant in the story.



Maia made a new flavour.

Avy 

In the story, the Giant ate so much ice cream, he got stuck in the doorway. Freezharn checked he could still get through.

For homework we had to complete a family survey about the favourite ice cream flavours of our whanau. Here is Michaels' survey.


Eva-Rose's survey.

Maia's survey


6 comments:

  1. Eva-Rose loved doing her survey. She rang her cousin's in Auckland to fill the whole sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Te Awa my name is Shivam and I am a year 6 at Paihia School. I liked your post about the giant's ice cream because your guys looked like you had fun doing your homework. I thought you all looked amazing in the photos.

    What is the classes favourite ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Cahlay I go to Paihia School I am 10 years old. I like your blog post about ice cream I like the drawing you did about ice cream. Is ice cream your favourite dessert because it is one of my favourite dessert. Also I like the books you read.

    What is your favourite ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Te Awa it’s Dezray from your School. I really like your blog post about Mother’s day because you have put a lot of photos to describe what your learning is about. I didn’t make a mother’s day card because I forgot that there was mothers day.

    How long did it take to make the cards?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Te Awa, this is Angela from Te Ngahere. I love your blog post because you said what you did and you added a lot of photos of you trying different flavours of ice-cream. I also like how all of you are smiling because it shows me that you all had a great time. Do you like the chocolate flavoured ice-cream?
    Bye Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora Te Awa its Charlize from Te Ngahere. I really liked your blog post about: Learning About The Letter I because it had lots of photos to make it stand out. It reminded me of when I had ice cream from when we had lots of caught beings goods in pohutukawa. Maybe for next time you could add a little bit more writing than pictures.

    Did you all enjoy having a ice cream party?

    ReplyDelete