Monday 8 March 2021

Tsunami writing

On Friday the 5th of March Paihia School children and staff (and our builders and I.T staff) evacuated to the high hill on School road (Totara Heights). We were there from about 9am till 2pm. We need to thank so many people for their kindness and generosity.

Chris and Astrid for the use of their "very flash" downstairs loo.
Deb Yarral for talking Mark Yarral  (That coffee bloke) into making fancy coffee for the adults.
Glen for the jelly beans, peppermints, biscuits and loan of the toys.
Our school builders for helping Mrs Lindsay with the rescue mission of collecting school bags.
The lovely lady who let us sit under her balcony for shade.
The hot dog man (fritz wieners) who very generously delivered hot dogs to us.

Mason and Fraser wrote thank you cards to the very kind people of Totara Heights.

Michael wrote his card to his Dad for picking him up.



We wrote stories about our experiences on Friday.
I went up the hill with my Dad and I watched the water with him. By Grace

My Mum picked me up when I was on the mountain. By Ethan

I got picked up from my Mum when I was up the hill. I had to walk fast with Miss Simmonds. By Freezharn






No comments:

Post a Comment