Friday 8 March 2019

Science (Praying Mantis)

Science
We have had three praying mantises in our class for a few weeks. We had to find our what they eat. They only eat live insects (flies, moths, caterpillars, locusts and some other types of insects).
BUT last week and this week one praying mantis ate the other praying mantis. We learnt that the female praying mantises eat the male praying mantises.

 

I like the praying mantis because it ate the other praying mantis.
By Aayush

I like praying mantises because they eat flies.
By Hunter
The girl praying mantis ate the boys.
By Ilha
I think the stick praying mantis got eaten by the green praying mantis.
By Reign
The praying mantis is scary because it ate the brown one.
By Ohana

2 comments:

  1. Good work of describing the praying mantis. I love to see little kids studying about nature and writing. and its sad that the green praying mantis ate the brown praying mantis.
    Brisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Emmanuel and I'm from Ohaeawai Primary school. I like how you blog and all
    the stuff that you blog post. It made me think about that when I made stuff. Have you thought about making more things about you and your class.

    ReplyDelete